Force Disparity: The 800lb Gorilla in the Room
Force Disparity exposes the uncomfortable truth that some protection specialists may not be physically capable of defending their principal.
In Issue 65, we ask to what extent do physical capabilities influence the effectiveness of a protection specialist? And, can skill, training, and adaptability compensate for biological limitations in protection specialists?
In this hard-hitting article, the author, Mick Coup, calls for an honest discussion about biology and its impact on protection capabilities.
Featured in Issue 65:
- Hard & Soft Skills – Their Role in EP
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals: A Primer
- Medical Care in Security – Is it Changed Forever?
- The Talented Hawk Hides its Claws
- Force Disparity – The 800lb Gorilla in the Room
- Are You a Soft Target? – Here’s How to Find Out
- Protective Healthcare Provision – Are You Committing an Offence?
- Creating a Protective Entourage
- At Your Service – Understanding Improvised Weapons
- Featured Assessment – What Happens if China Provides Military Aid to Russia?
- Tactical Medicine – Finding Comfort in Uncomfort
- Insider Risk – What Protectors Should Know
- Tactical Firearms – Defensive Ammunition
- Keeping Your Edge – Fight, Flight, or Freeze
- + All Your Regular Features